Western US spa vacations include grape and wine-based treatments from California spas, and active vacations at spa resorts in the mountains of Colorado. Oregon has its own unique spin on spas, with organic treatments in rooms overlooking the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
Of course, California is home to many, many amazing spas. All along the California coast, you'll find resort and destination spas that focus on wellness as well as relaxation.
Fitness, weight-loss and detox programs are available; this is also the home of luxury spas frequented by celebrities!
The spas throughout the west are laid-back and relaxing - just the antidote to your busy life.
Here are some of the best spas in the Western US states:
• La Costa Resort and Spa, Carlsbad - Home of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing (by Deepak Chopra), the spa offers massages, facials, body treatments.
The Chopra Center offers a week-long program of mind-body wellness with panchakarma detoxification therapy, daily ayurvedic spa treatments, a medical consultation, and instruction in meditation, yoga, and Ayurveda.
• Cal-a-Vie Health Spa, Vista - A fitness retreat with morning activity sessions and afternoon meditation and relaxation.
With an emphasis on healthy eating, the spa offers cooking demonstrations and a culinary week to help you maintain your healthy habits when you return home.
• Carneros Inn and Spa, Napa - A tranquil resort spa nestled in the wine country of Napa Valley, the spa integrates local ingredients such as olive oil, apricots, and herbs in their massages and treatments.
• The Golden Door, Escondido - One of the finest destination spas in the US, the original Golden Door is a fitness retreat with 20 miles of hiking trails.
After your hike, yoga, or exercise class, you can relax with a massage or herbal wrap.
• Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, Ojai - Enjoy a California spa vacation at this resort with a luxury spa. You'll find plenty of options on their spa menu to enjoy every day. They have treatments and makeup classes for teens and an Artist's Cottage with classes to explore your inner Georgia O'Keefe!
• The Oaks at Ojai, Ojai - A destination health spa, The Oaks at Ojai is one of the oldest weight loss retreats in the US.
7- and 12-day packages are available to help you make lasting changes; shorter stays or day programs can help keep you on track.
• Allegria Spa at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek - A wonderful resort spa in the Vail area, Allegria offers massage, facials, body scrubs, and hydrotherapy.
The resort offers skiing in season, of course, and has a fitness room.
• The Springs Resort and Spa, Pagosa Springs - A affordable resort spa in the Durango area, the "springs" refers to naturally heated mineral waters used for therapeutic treatments.
Spend a day at the spa or a week at the resort with daily spa treatments. The spa also offers facials and massages.
• The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge - A beautiful lodge in the mountains outside of Breckenridge, the Lodge and Spa offers a full menu of spa body treatments and massage, along with hiking, skiing, and outdoor activities. And the views are incredible!
• Overleaf Lodge & Spa, Yachats - Located in a small community overlooking the Pacific, the Overleaf Spa offers body and facial treatments using moisturizing seaweed and other natural ingredients.
Hydrotherapy treatments are very popular, conducted in a room with stunning ocean views.
• Sage Springs Club and Spa, Sunriver - Sage Spa in the Sunriver Resort offers facial and body treatments using local elements such as hazelnuts in scrubs and creams.
Sage Club has a well-equipped fitness facility, and the resort, with views of the Cascade Mountains, has lots of outdoor activities for every season.
• Allison Inn and Spa, Newberg - A great destination for a spa vacation in the Oregon wine country of the Willamette Valley.
Nestled amid vineyards and hazelnut orchards, The Allison offers comfy rooms and a variety of spa treatments including massages, wraps, facials, and salon services. There are indoor and outdoor pools and a fitness room.
• Aveda Spa at the Hotel Monaco, Portland - This charming renovated 1912 hotel offers a variety of day spa services right in your room. Massages, facials, body treatments and mani/pedicures use natural and organic elements. And the hotel is pet friendly!
For more US spas: