Eastern US spa vacations include NYC day spas as well as destination spas in Pennsylvania, health spas in Vermont, and many others from New England to the Mid-Atlantic.
There's a wide variety of spa experiences available across the Eastern states. A chocolate body mask in Hershey, Pa tops our list of "must-do" experiences!
There are plenty of destination spas that focus on health and wellness, both physical and spiritual. These spas can truly change your life, kick-starting a weight-loss program or helping you manage your stress.
Of course, if a week at a spa is a bit too much, you can always include a day spa during a girl's getaway in NYC or any other vacation.
You're supposed to be relaxing, right? Why not relax with a massage after a long day of sightseeing?
Here are some of the best spas in the Eastern US states:
• New Age Health Spa, Neversink - Located about 2 hours from NYC in upstate New York, away from the distractions of everyday life (no phones or TV in the rooms!).
Diet and fitness programs are available, as well as yoga programs and a detoxifying juice fast.
• Mirror Lake Inn and Spa, Lake Placid - A tranquil spot upstate that's perfect for your spa vacation in New York. Their signature treatment is a aple Sugar Body Scrub. There is a fitness center and they offer a menu of spa services for people of all ages.
• The Penninsula Hotel and Spa, New York City - A luxury hotel and day spa in the city, ESPA offers beauty treatments, massage, and a salon.
• Spa at the Hotel Hershey, Hershey - Hershey - Chocolate body wrap. 'Nuff said!
Ok, they also have a Chocolate Sugar Scrub, Whipped Cocoa Bath, and even some non-chocolate treatments! Try the Mojito Sugar Scrub or a Rose Garden Bath, too.
• The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley - A luxury destination spa a couple of hours from New York City, this spa offers traditional treatments focusing on relaxation and renewal, but fitness programs are also available.
• Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa, Farmington - The Woodlands Spa is unique in that it caters to families, not just adults. And it's a pet friendly resort!
With 2 golf courses and lots of fitness classes, this is an active spa vacation.
• Appalachian Trail Adventures, Killington - An "adventure spa" offering extensive hiking programs along with kayaking, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities in the Green Mountains.
Massages and fitness classes are also a part of the all-inclusive program, which typically runs 7 - 14 days (although shorter stays are available).
• Green Mountain at Fox Run, Ludlow - A woman-only weight loss spa that offers a medically-supervised 4-week program of nutrition (not "diet"), fitness, and behavior modification.
They also offer a program for diabetics.
• Stoweflake Moutain Resort and Spa, Stowe - An mountain ski resort with a stunning spa, Stoweflake offers an aqua solarium with 12-ft waterfall, mediation garden, and sound therapy for relaxation.
A full menu of traditional massage and spa treatments are available for men, women, couples, and mother-daughter spa vacations.
• Canyon Ranch Spa, Lenox - One of the best-known spas in the US, Canyon Ranch Lenox focuses on nutrition and fitness. Programs run 4 - 10 days and your spa vacation at Canyon Ranch is all-inclusive.
• Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club, Lennox - A beautiful resort just hours from NYC and Boston, the spa is accessible during the cold winter months by heated glass walkways!
The spa offers organic skin treatments, wraps, and massages as well as a fitness center along with an 18-hole golf course.
• Rennaissance Hotel and Spa at Patriot Place, Foxborough - Overlooking the home of the New England Patriots, you and your spouse can enjoy a football game, a shopping spree, and a couples massage on a Boston weekend getaway!
• Hyatt Regency Chesapeake bay Golf Resort and Spa, Cambridge - As the name says, this resort offers the Stillwater Spa and fabulous golf (oh, and there's a marina, too)! Treatments include body scrubs and wraps, facials, and salon services.
• The Inn at Perry Cabin Linden Spa, St. Michaels - This spa, in a charming manor house on Maryland's scenic eastern shore, offers facials, massages (including prenatal), fitness facilities, and a meditation room.
Local herbs are used in the requisite foot soak to relax you before your treatment even begins. What a great place for a girlfriend getaway!
We love reader suggestions! (You can click on the "suggest a site" button to the left, or "advertising", if you have an activity you think our readers would like).
Here are some of the sites others have suggested:• Prana del Mar Retreat and Wellness Center
For more US spas: