Southwest US spa vacations combine the best of traditional spa treatments with Native American spirtuality. Some of the best spas in the US are in the southwest!
An Arizona spa in a Scottsdale resort offers great golf along with your treatments; in Sedona you can experience the spirituality of a New Age spa. Utah offers some great hiking and other activities at a fitness spa, and the Texas hill country offers one of the best luxury spa vacations you can find.
The southwest offers great resort spas, of course. But if you truly want to make a change to your life, a destination spa like Canyon Ranch or Lake Austin is the way to go.
On the other hand, a simple massage at a day spa can make a busy, active vacation just a little bit more relaxing. Even if you're not staying at a spa resort, you can enjoy the facilities and treatments as a walk-in client.
Whether or not you spend your vacation focusing on wellness, make time for real relaxation during your vacation at a spa!
Here are some of the best spa vacations in the Southwest US states:
• Mii Amo at Enchantment, Sedona - Enchantment Resort Sedona is one of the best Arizona spas. Mii Amo Spa offers Ayurvedic treatments along with remedies rooted in Native American traditions.
This has been voted one of the best spas in the country!
• Canyon Ranch Spa, Tuscon - One of the best-known spas in the US, Canyon Ranch Tucson focuses on nutrition and fitness. Programs run 4 - 10 days and Canyon Ranch is an all-inclusive spa.
• The Golden Door at the Boulders, Carefree - Also known as The Boulders Resort and Spa (to distinguish it from other Golden Door locations), the spa offers massages, body treatments, fitness classes, and mind-body programs of meditation and emotional balancing.
It serves as a day spa, too, so you can enjoy treatments here even if you are not a guest.
• Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, Sedona - Surrounded by the red rocks of Sedona, the Spa at Sedona Rouge offers a variety of energy-balancing body treatments and yoga with in a quiet, exotic, Moroccan-inspired atmosphere.
• The Spa at Camelback Inn Resort, Scottsdale - Housed in the JW Marriott Camelback Inn at the edge of the Sonoran Desert, resort guests can enjoy world-class golf as well as exceptional spa treatments.
• Lake Austin Spa, Austin - A luxury destination spa with a focus on fitness.
The spa has programs for teens as well as women's and mother-daughter weekend getaways. They also offer cooking classes so you can take your healthy lifestyle home with you!
• Travaasa Spa Resort, Austin - Another option for a luxury spa vacation in Austin, Travaasa offers wellness programs such as weight loss and smoking cessation, along with typical spa treatments and salon services. This eco-friendly all-inclusive spa focuses on learning about your body and your health.
• The Greenhouse - A women-only weight loss retreat near Dallas, The Greenhouse offers personalized service in a quiet, luxurious setting.
The Greenhouse offers packages from 2 to 7 days in length, with customized workouts led by a personal trainer, delicious spa cuisine to help shed a few pounds, and skin and hair treatments to pamper yourself afterwards!
• Hotel Galvez Spa, Galveston - A lovely old hotel and spa overlooking the ocean, the Hotel Galvez offers massages, facials, wraps, and body treatments. They also have a fitness center and a meditation garden.
• Green Valley Spa, St. George - A luxury fitness spa that offers plenty of outdoor activities like hiking and tennis, along with Pilates and other fitness classes. Yoga is also available. Their fitness programs are supervised by medical professionals.
• Red Mountain Spa, Ivins - One of the most popular fitness spas in the US, Red Mountain offers plenty of outdoor activities in the mountains near Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon.
The resort offers itness classes, detox programs, medically supervised weight loss programs, and personal discovery programs along with spa and salon services.
• Yardley Inn and Spa, Manti - Not what you'd expect from Utah, this charming B&B is housed in an Old English-style house from the late 1800's.
Spa treatments include aromatherapy and hydrotherapy, as well as massages and wraps. Wellness and yoga retreats are scheduled, too.
For more US spas: