Welcome to Great Women's Vacations, the place to get great vacation ideas for your next girlfriend getaway, sisters trip, or mother-daughter vacation.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook! (facebook.com/Gr8WomensVac)
Keep up to date with the latest news on a regular basis with Great Womens' Vacations on Facebook.
For a Unique Vacation, Stay at a Unique Hotel!
• Wanna try something really different on your next vacation?
How about spending a week (or a weekend) in a lighthouse?
You can do that, in Michigan or Scotland!
• Or how about a hotel made of ice? Yes, really! There's one in Sweden, and it's re-built every season (OK, you can't book it for summer, but for a winter getaway - what a hoot!). If Sweden is too far, check out the ice hotel in Quebec.
• Maybe an underwater hotel is a better option for summer - there's on in Florida.
• If you're a dog-lover - or just have a great sense of humor - how about a stay in the world's biggest beagle?
The Dog Bark Inn, a dog-shaped bed and breakfast in Idaho is fun for adults and kids alike - what a great getaway for a mom and daughter!
• If you're going on a trip "down under", play Mother Hubbard, and stay in a shoe! The
Boot Bead and Breakfast
in New Zealand, is cute and cozy, and a great stop on a trip to OZ. There's a living room on the ground floor and a bedroom upstairs - another great place for a mother daughter vacation.
You don't have to stay at a chain hotel; make your hotel a fun part of your trip - you'll have something to talk about for years to come!
Next month, we'll talk about adventure travel - maybe it's time to get off the beaten path!
Until next time - Happy Travels!
Great Women's Vacations in Woman's Day Magazine!!
Great Women's Vacations has been mentioned in an article in the May, 2011, issue of Woman's Day Magazine. The article, about planning a girlfriend getaway, has lots of tips on how to handle finances, responsibilities, etc - along with plenty of reasons you need to get away with "the girls"! We're mentioned at the end of the article, with other resources for planning your getaway.